Thursday 11 April 2013

Leopard nails

Did you know that leopard dots were Gema's first design? I think it was about a year ago she tried it out, but I haven't got around to it until now. Why I don't know, I got distracted along the way.

The reason I decided to do them now was thatI wanted a fairly neutral design for when starting a new job. I've been told that many companies wouldn't be too happy with their employees using their digits as mini-canvases but luckily that is not often the case in engineering. 

The base colour I'm using is Mint Choc Chip by 17, a lovely colour but not very good quality - it chips easily. For the dots I used our beloved pin (from sewing kit) and then I drew around them with a permanent marker. As I applied the topcoat the marker smudged a lot more than I expected, which worried me, but at the end of the day it actually helped the design.

Pastel colours are also a great way of reminding yourself of the upcoming (sometimes visible) spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment